Sunday, January 10, 2010

Alice's Christmas Dress



Okay. So I really wanted to post a picture of my little creation. I'm quite proud of the end result or maybe I am proud of the fact that I didn't give up and throw the whole thing in the garbage and just buy a dress at the store. I thought it would be fun to make a dress for Ali. It was my first attempt at a dress for her not my first attempt ever making a dress. The last time I think I made a dress was probably when Neal's sister Kara got married. (Let's see; I guess that was over four years ago. ) Anyway, I must really be losing my memory because I forgot a lot. I ended up doing almost everything at least twice. So I guess you can imagine it took awhile. I'm just glad I didn't decide to do it last minute like I usually do things. I'll have to actually take a picture of her in it now to prove that it fits and looks pretty cute on. We will have to see if I attempt a project like this again next year.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute!! How fun to sew for a girl.

Stucki Family said...

The dress looks great. zippers are hard to do and I rarely do them. I'll find a pattern that doesn't require a zipper. Yours turned out really well.

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

So cute! Way to hang in there. Someday we'll both be dress making pros!

KelliAnn Christensen said...

I can't believe you made that! Good job!!! Can I hire you to sew for my daughters? :) The dresser we are using for Kaitlyn was in your parents' storage. Your mom said it was hers when she was little, so maybe you used it, too. I really like it. Apparently, so does Kaitlyn. :(