Sunday, September 13, 2009

Max and the Twins Start School


I cannot believe how fast my kids are growing up. Max started 1st grade almost a month ago and the twins started preschool last week. It was so strange dropping the twins off on their first day and going home. One thing I wasn't prepared for was how nostalgic I would get. The twins will always seem so little to me. I had a hard time swallowing the fact they were really old enough to go to school for a couple hours without me. I got over those feelings rather quickly and then realized how quiet it was at home. Alice and I didn't know what to do with ourselves. I kept thinking of all the things I could be doing and should be doing. The possibilities were limitless. In the end, I couldn't make up my mind. I sat on the couch contemplating for quite awhile. I think I did a few dishes, started some laundry, and watched bits and pieces of Rachael Ray; and by that time, my new found freedom was gone; I had to jump in the car to pick up my preschoolers.

3 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Rachael, I just love this post. It seems to just say a lot. Thanks for sharing. (They do seem too little for school!)

Jeff and ReAnn said...

Isn't is crappy how when we do finally get a minute to do ANYTHING we waste the time away either thinking about it or figuring we have so much time because we can get so much done in an hour that we end up doing nothing. I hear ya.

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Isn't it great?! A friend of mind said she started crying when she dropped her oldest off at preschool. Honestly, I was dancing down the hall after I dropped James off. I started him this year because we both needed him OUT of the house for all of our sanity. ;)