Wednesday, December 17, 2008

She's Here!









Alice Lorraine Fraser was born on December 12th at 8:18 in the morning. She weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 20 inches long. She is doing great and has been a perfect baby so far. I was so worried that she would be my hardest because I was excited to only have one baby this time. One just seemed like it would be a piece of cake but then I started thinking that maybe she would have colic or all of that other stuff that makes a baby hard, but so far she has been wonderful. The boys love her and are always trying to give her kisses and help with dirty diapers.
We still didn't have a name when we went to the hospital but after she was born we decided that Alice was pretty much the only name we both liked and agreed on. The name is also a family name. My great great great grandma (something like) Alice Brooks was a pioneer that came to Utah with the Martin Handcock company. It was also the name that Max had chosen from the very beginning. He was always so matter of fact about it. Any time we asked him what we should name her he would say without question, "Her name is Alice." We don't know how he came up with it. He doesn't remember ever seeing Alice in Wonderland and we don't know any Alices so it's kind of funny. Her middle name is my mom's middle name as well. I think it will be so neat to tell her when she's older how she got her name and all about the amazing women she was named after.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and I love the name Alice, nice choice. Glad she's here and that your doing well!

Nicola said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! She is lucky to have some great big brothers. How fun to add another girl to your family. Glad things are going great so far.

Jenn said...

A Girl?! What's that like? She is adorable!
I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

So glad she is here and healthy! Congratulations.
Merry Christmas!!

Stucki Family said...

She is soooo cute. I can't wait until I get to see her in real life. Make sure she knows who I am, don't let her forget her auntie Stacey. I'm glad you're all doing well. Have a Happy Holiday.

Hoagland's said...

Congrats! You have a beautiful family! Finally a girl, you will have so much fun with her!

Jessica said...

She is darling! I just want to nibble on those little cheeks! Congrats!

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Oh, Rachael, she is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her. In that list of amazing women that contributed to her name, I think it only fair that Alice Cullen be included in there. :) You make sure Neal knows that for me this baby will always be connected to my beloved Twilight books. :) :) :) See you soon!

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Congratulations! Wahoo to not being pregger anymore! You have a beautiful little girl. I hope the boys are great big brothers. We miss you guys tons. Merry Christmas. Jess

Shiloh Roan Jacobs said...

Woohoo! Such wonderful news. What a fantastic early Christmas present. I love the story of her name. Darling!!

Stargirl said...

She's so beautiful! And the name Alice is perfect. Congratulations!

Megan said...

Yeah finally a girl. Hopefully you won't get sick of pink anytime soon. She is so cute and it looks like you have a lot of proud big brothers.