Saturday, December 1, 2007





The first day of the season with any real significant amount of snow fall. It has actually been a very dry November for us, but December 1st rolled in and we woke up to about 4 inches in Sp Fork. Neal actually woke up early and slipped-slided his way to the toy store so he could be there when it opened at 7 am. We found out last night that one of the toys we want is restocked every night and sells out everyday. It was a successful venture because we got the toys and the car made it back with out damage. Actually, by the time Neal got home the roads had been plowed and salted so it wasn't too bad. As soon as he walked in the door, the boys had to point out that it was snowing (as if he didn't notice) and express their immediate desire to go out and play. Any hopes Neal had of going back to bed for a while were dashed. Max already had his boots on and the twins were trying to dress themselves. We built this snow man, and yes, it has a tail. We also had a snowball fight. I won because I kept tagging Neal when he was throwing snow at the twins, and I made Max cry when I threw an oversized snowball squarely at his face. It filled his hood and his ears with snow. Despite the crying he stayed in the game. We also went to the slides which were especially slick. The boys would fly off the end and land bum first on the pile of snow at the bottom. It was a lot of fun. We finished off with some sandwiches and hot cocoa for lunch.

ps. If you want to know what the toys are that were so important that Neal risked life and limb, you'll have to wait for Chirstmas just like the rest of us.

6 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Rachael, this was so fun to read! I loved the voice and sentence fluency (sorry; that's the teacher in me!) What a fun day, and I am a little disappointed that I have to wait to find out what the super cool toy is. I really wanted to know.

(Christensen) Fraser, Rachael said...

Okay, so I can't take credit for this post. Neal wrote the last three posts but used my login. I don't know why. I can also give you a clue as to what the toy is. Neal has been telling everyone that "it's more then meets the eye."

Jeremy and Kara said...

Uh, two words: Tail?

Nicola said...

Your kids are so cute! And look at your house! I am so excited for you. It looks like things are going great for you! I love how much fun the kids have in the snow. It all looks like so much fun! And Neal is brave to weather the storm. I am definitely not that brave!

Mandi said...

Your kids are so cute!! I love looking at your blog. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Amy said...

hey- just wanted to say your christmas card is darling! I'm glad the pics worked out for you and SO sorry that I'm an idiot and didn't get you that cd. Merry Christmas!