Sunday, August 5, 2007

Rachael as a Triathalete!







Rachael competed in the Cache Valley Classic Triathalon on Saturday (Aug. 4).  She did very well.  Her overall time was 01:52:48.90. You can see her results and splits etc. in the picture.  (Sorry about the swimming picture.  It is kind of a where's Waldo.  I took a couple but people kept walking in front of me.) The event included a 750 meter swim, followed by a 12.5 mile bike, and finishing with a 5K (3.2 m) run.  Rachael's biggest complaint was that someone put some hills on the bike and run routes.  Oddly enough, there were not hills on the swim, but Rachael said she still couldn't swim in a straight line.  Congratulations to Rachael, this is a great accomplishment for her.  Her boys enjoyed watching and cheering mom on the bike and run etc.

4 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Congratulations, Rachael!! I am so proud of you; what an accomplishment! And, Neal, I got a big kick out of your satire. :) Thanks for the laugh.

Jeremy and Kara said...

YEAH!! GO RACHAEL!!! YEAH!!! GOOD JOB. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL. Although i don't think that i will be running a triathalon anytime soon

Lindsey said...

Right on Rach, I'm very proud...however I can't believe you were in Cache Valley and didn't call. I will forgive you this once if you inform me sometime how you went about training for such an event. Sounds like a good time, you are a tough lady.

Suzanne said...

Awesome Rachael! You did great- I am so impressed!