Monday, March 1, 2010

Skiing Adventure

Just looking at this picture makes me tired. This was only the boys second time skiing. Neal and I thought we could handle all three by ourselves. I guess he didn't take into account that I'm only slightly more advanced then his children. I didn't even know how to use the tow rope. We were able to ride the ski lift since there is one that is free after 3:00 at Alta. We only rode it once because it took us over an hour and a half to get down the mountain and by the time we got to the bottom the resort was closed and almost everyone had gone home. There were a lot of tears but in the end hopefully they remember the fun times (riding the ski lift and going to IHOP afterward) and not being freezing cold (Tanner), constant yelling (me), hitting the top of this head which I'm not sure how that is possible on skiis while going down a fairly steep hill by himself(Max), falling in a deep snow bank (Max), twisting his foot (Tanner) falling about 1,000 times (Tanner, Josh, and Max) and being picked up by yelling parents at least 1,000 times (Tanner, Josh, and Max). We told Josh he got the prize for crying the least. He was pretty excited because he really thought he was getting on actual prize.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Rach,
Your blog is so fun to read. It made me cry because I miss you guys. Your family is so fun and growing so much! And I love how you write. I laughed and laughed while reading through the posts. I miss you! I started a blog, but it is about being married to a doctor. I try to keep in connected to that so it is not as fun as yours. Skiing sounded so fun. You guys are probably the most awesome parents! Love, Liz

sabrina said...

this is a great post. :)

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously, I could not stop laughing. Sounds like a long, long day! I was laughing so loud that Kaitlyn came over and joined in, repeatedly asking, "What are we laughing about, Mommy??" I am glad you recorded this for future readings. :)

Jeff and ReAnn said...

Exactly how I would picture it if I took my own kids. Love it about the prize. He really should get one though. :) Too funny.