Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gum Ball Machines and Potty Training


So someone recommended using a gumball machine to reward your potty trainer. I totally blew off the idea because I was worried about gum all over the house and rotting teeth but I finally decided to give it a try. I am now proud to say after 3 days, Tanner is completely diaper free with zero accidents and Josh is completely diaper free with about a 90% accident free rate. I hope I'm not writing this too soon but so far gumballs are the way to go in terms of potty training efficiency and efficacy.

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow! Congratulations on the potty training success! I am so impressed. I can't believe your twins are old enough to be potty trained. Isn't it amazing how time flies.

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Congratulations! I will definitely keep this in mind. :) Utah was on the list for moving places, but the rent is cheaper here. :) Jessica

KelliAnn Christensen said...

What a good idea!! And congratulations. I am very, very impressed. I also can't get over how "big boy"ish Max is looking.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Okay, Rach, I am sure you could have guessed it, but the garden is all Will. Seriously. I don't do a thing. Mostly because it seems he always knows what to do--no, mostly because I am lazy probably--and busy washing dishes or something. :) I love it, though! We definitely want a big garden when we have a house of our own . . . someday . . . sigh. :)

Mandi said...

My kids love bubble gum machines. I also used it for potting trainig and it worked for me too:)
I check your blog too! And of course I dont't mind you looking at ours. I love being able to find old friends.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

So I asked Will about "surprising" you this upcoming week, and he reminded me that one of the main reasons for our little vacation is so that he can spend at least two of the days W-F at a clinic in St. George. If there is a possibility they want him there ASAP, he might consider just not finishing the acupuncture program and moving down in January. So . . . sorry! :)